Author Topic: New EDF powered fast-electric boat project  (Read 289 times)

Re: New EDF powered fast-electric boat project

« Reply #10 on: 26 October, 2019, 12:34:24 AM »
Open quickbuttons

cybernut

• "blag-it" Forum New Member

Male
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” member
I've not started building it yet, still some other parts to arrive, etc, but did take a few pics of the hull.  Unfortunately I can't find the cable to transfer the pics from the camera to the laptop LOL. ::)  Instead, here's a pic of the battery pack that was in the email confirmation.

It has 8 LiPol cells at 5000 Mah with a 29.6 v rating.
Smartphone?  Why not use that?

« Reply #11 on: 27 October, 2019, 01:00:54 AM »
Open quickbuttons

a.flynn

• Personal Text
I've not started building it yet, still some other parts to arrive, etc, but did take a few pics of the hull.  Unfortunately I can't find the cable to transfer the pics from the camera to the laptop LOL. ::)  Instead, here's a pic of the battery pack that was in the email confirmation.

Believe it or not I don't have a smartphone atm.  Still can't find the camera cable. :(

« Reply #12 on: 28 October, 2019, 04:26:56 PM »
Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male

Believe it or not I don't have a smartphone atm.  Still can't find the camera cable. :(
Maybe it's worth getting a replacement USB cable which don't cost that much...  Hope the build's still going ok though.

« Reply #13 on: 31 October, 2019, 03:47:50 AM »
Open quickbuttons

a.flynn

• Personal Text

Maybe it's worth getting a replacement USB cable which don't cost that much...  Hope the build's still going ok though.
Thought of that o.c except it's not that easy.  It came with a proprietary USB cable with an odd type of connector at one end, can't find a replacement anywhere - even mfrs don't do it any more as camera is discontinued years ago. :P   

As said earlier, still not started the actual build yet as some parts still to arrive or get...

« Reply #14 on: 31 October, 2019, 06:07:17 PM »
Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male
I see the problems, hope you find that cable.  I realise that prob doesn't help much... :-\

Admin

« Reply #15 on: 31 October, 2019, 07:19:16 PM »
Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male
To all concerned with this thread.  I moved this topic to here ('Radio control projects discussion' under the new board 'Hobbies and pastimes') from 'Off-topic discussion' under 'Blag-it lounge' as it was more suited.

Admin

« Reply #16 on: 31 October, 2019, 11:23:01 PM »
Open quickbuttons

MsLeon

Female
  • Personal Text
Great idea for a new board category.  Gratz! :)