Author Topic: Pillars Of Creation anomaly  (Read 3815 times)

Pillars Of Creation anomaly

« on: 16 October, 2020, 09:34:41 AM »
Open quickbuttons

A.Jenery

Digital artist and photographer
  • "blag-it" Forum Standard Member

Male
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” member
OK, the so-called Pillars Of Creation in the Eagle Nebula is approximately 6,500 light years away from us (image on Wikipedia).  That means it takes light 6,500 years to reach us from there.  At that distance, the height and width of the pillars must be in the order of at least hundreds, maybe thousands of light years.  That would mean that each particle of 'dust and gas' must be the size of Jupiter!  These Pillars Of Creation would consist of millions of Jupiter-sized particles all coinciding with each other!  Just a thought or two.

Re: Pillars Of Creation anomaly

« Reply #1 on: 17 October, 2020, 01:13:22 AM »
Open quickbuttons

cybernut

• "blag-it" Forum Higher Member

Male
  • Personal Text
Yea - good grief!  Seems incredible, right?

« Reply #2 on: 17 October, 2020, 09:43:03 AM »
Open quickbuttons

a.flynn

• Personal Text
Sounds sarcastic to me.  I think what A.Jenery is suggesting is a very good argument.  How could millions of Jupiter's coexist together?

« Reply #3 on: 18 October, 2020, 09:40:44 AM »
Open quickbuttons

cybernut

Male
  • Personal Text
Sounds sarcastic to me.  I think what A.Jenery is suggesting is a very good argument.  How could millions of Jupiter's coexist together?
I wasn't being sarcastic, sorry!  I actually agree with much of what he says, however there is a good chance that millions of Jupiter's could exist together.  Space is a big place!

« Reply #4 on: 20 October, 2020, 09:37:37 AM »
Open quickbuttons

ATH019

• Global Moderation

Male
  • Personal Text
I wasn't being sarcastic, sorry!  I actually agree with much of what he says, however there is a good chance that millions of Jupiter's could exist together.  Space is a big place!
Not to mention many millions of smaller planet-sized, moon-sized, asteroid sized....   Right down to atoms.  Much of it might not exist any more though. :-X

Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: 21 October, 2020, 09:46:02 AM »
Open quickbuttons

and04

• Personal Text
Not to mention many millions of smaller planet-sized, moon-sized, asteroid sized....  Right down to atoms.  Much of it might not exist any more though. :-X

Global Moderator
Mind boggling thought.  So if it had existed in 4500 BC and had ceased in 2500 BC, it would still take light another 4000 years to get here?  Is that right? :o

« Reply #6 on: 22 October, 2020, 08:00:12 PM »
Open quickbuttons

A.Jenery

Digital artist and photographer
  • "blag-it" Forum Standard Member

Male
  • Personal Text
Not to mention many millions of smaller planet-sized, moon-sized, asteroid sized....  Right down to atoms.  Much of it might not exist any more though. :-X

Global Moderator
Mind boggling thought.  So if it had existed in 4500 BC and had ceased in 2500 BC, it would still take light another 4000 years to get here?  Is that right? :o
About that, yep.  That aside, there's just something about the pillars that doesn't seem right imho.

« Reply #7 on: 23 October, 2020, 09:41:49 AM »
Open quickbuttons

a.flynn

• Personal Text
I agree with that!  Too many religious overtones with it if you ask me.  I mean, three pillars 'of creation' - no doubt harking to father, son and holy ghost.  One in the middle looks like Godzilla, the one on the left seems to have a face in profile about half-way down and the right-hand one resembles a spooky head on two spooky coat-hanger shoulders.  Would give kids nightmares. 8)

« Reply #8 on: 24 October, 2020, 09:51:05 AM »
Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male
Am I aloud to say it looks very much like cloud cover that's been colour enhanced? :-X

Admin

« Reply #9 on: 04 November, 2020, 09:54:07 AM »
Open quickbuttons

and04

• Personal Text
Am I aloud to say it looks very much like cloud cover that's been colour enhanced? :-X

Admin
Yer, only aren't clouds usually horizontal to the ground?  They remind me a bit of dust plumes coming up from say a desert?  Dunno.