Author Topic: Have we landed anything on Mars  (Read 6397 times)

Re: Have we landed anything on Mars

« Reply #20 on: 10 October, 2020, 09:43:14 AM »
Open quickbuttons

cybernut

• "blag-it" Forum Higher Member

Male
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” member
Thanks! :) I know it was certainly a silly mistake to make.  Must be because both begin with an 'm' that made me think of moon not mars - and o.c the moon landing was in 1969 - and well that's my excuse...  :P
Everyone's entitled to an excuse.  Anyway, so you still think it didn't happen?  How could they have fabricated something on that scale involving numerous US gvmnt departments, research bodies and so on?
I don't know what the US equivalent of the UK's Official Secrets Act is, but believe me they have it.  The principle contractor would have been NASA which is a US government agency, and they in turn sub-contracted to various technical firms, etc, that would all have agreed to and signed some form of NDA or confidentiality agreement.  That's how they kept much of it a secret and how they fabricated it!

« Reply #21 on: 11 May, 2021, 11:41:11 PM »
Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male
But you don't know that!

Admin

« Reply #22 on: 12 May, 2021, 12:52:05 PM »
Open quickbuttons

McGaskil

Male
  • Personal Text
But you don't know that!

Admin
Exact!  You can't say these martian landings were fabricated unless you have proof, nor the moon landing for that matter.  As to NDA's, these couldn't have been applied to everything and to everyone involved.

« Reply #23 on: 04 June, 2021, 11:59:24 AM »
Open quickbuttons

cybernut

Male
  • Personal Text
No, not to absolutely everything and everyone, but certainly to all key personnel, contractors and other US gvmnt departments involved.

« Reply #24 on: 05 June, 2021, 07:10:45 AM »
Open quickbuttons

ATH019

• Global Moderation

Male
  • Personal Text
They may well have signed NDA's to stop scientific and technical stuff from being leaked, but this still doesn't mean the mission's were fabricated.

Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: 13 June, 2021, 12:02:17 PM »
Open quickbuttons

cybernut

Male
  • Personal Text
They may well have signed NDA's to stop scientific and technical stuff from being leaked, but this still doesn't mean the mission's were fabricated.

Global Moderator
It doesn't mean they weren't either and I just don't see how they had the capability to send two landers onto the surface of Mars just seven years after the manned moon mission.  Both Viking 1 and Viking 2 landed in 1976 allegedly... :-X

« Reply #26 on: 20 June, 2021, 08:57:17 AM »
Open quickbuttons

and04

• Personal Text

Global Moderator
It doesn't mean they weren't either and I just don't see how they had the capability to send two landers onto the surface of Mars just seven years after the manned moon mission.  Both Viking 1 and Viking 2 landed in 1976 allegedly... :-X
Yea, doesn't seem likely somehow a mere seven year window between the two.  The Moon's 238,855 miles away, Mars is 356,000,000 miles away!