Author Topic: Found new mmo called Star Atlas  (Read 3200 times)

Re: Found new mmo called Star Atlas

« Reply #20 on: 07 February, 2022, 07:21:38 AM »
Open quickbuttons

and04

• "blag-it" Forum Higher Member
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” member
Mmm might be worth trying it out, providing you go in with your eyes open and speculate what you expect to loose in return for the education/experience. And indeed would be interesting to hear about it later.

That's what I did with that guy in Entropia who did the pyramid scam many years ago. I played it sensible though, doubled my (very small amount of) money and got out. That scam is built on people going "oh wow, lets do it again, here have even more money" so walking early is the way to go to avoid the eventual collapse. Same with the Anshe Chung Dreamland Stock Exchange. I only put in a small amount, enough for me to have a play and learn something. Of course I lost it but I think I gained more in knowledge/experience through trying something new out.

TBH I probably should look at crypto some time (just for the knowledge/experience) and all things related to it... but I have enough hobbies and many other things interest me more. So I don't think I'll be personally going there any time soon.

Certainly... at the moment... I comparing everything to chopping red and blue cubes in half with lightsabers... and the lightsabers are kinda winning most of the time ^_^**
Are you using a quest1/2?
You doing just the stock/and purchase tracks, or have you explored sideloading from sidequest and beastsaber?

« Reply #21 on: 14 February, 2022, 09:26:17 AM »
Open quickbuttons

MsLeon

Female
  • Personal Text
Mmm might be worth trying it out, providing you go in with your eyes open and speculate what you expect to loose in return for the education/experience. And indeed would be interesting to hear about it later.

That's what I did with that guy in Entropia who did the pyramid scam many years ago. I played it sensible though, doubled my (very small amount of) money and got out. That scam is built on people going "oh wow, lets do it again, here have even more money" so walking early is the way to go to avoid the eventual collapse. Same with the Anshe Chung Dreamland Stock Exchange. I only put in a small amount, enough for me to have a play and learn something. Of course I lost it but I think I gained more in knowledge/experience through trying something new out.

TBH I probably should look at crypto some time (just for the knowledge/experience) and all things related to it... but I have enough hobbies and many other things interest me more. So I don't think I'll be personally going there any time soon.

Certainly... at the moment... I comparing everything to chopping red and blue cubes in half with lightsabers... and the lightsabers are kinda winning most of the time ^_^**
Are you using a quest1/2?
You doing just the stock/and purchase tracks, or have you explored sideloading from sidequest and beastsaber?
I've not explored sideloading/sidequest with Quest2 yet. Mainly because I haven't had to, having just bought the game and headset. Plenty to explore... much like my time in Entropia, I'm in no rush to try it all (opposite of a friend who got one at the same time and seems to want to try everything immediately - maybe I'm just happy with my simple pleasures of chopping blocks in half!). I hear there's even a VR MMO coming. That could be interesting.
« Last Edit: 14 February, 2022, 09:29:18 AM by MsLeon »

« Reply #22 on: 15 February, 2022, 07:34:45 AM »
Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male
This topic seems to be going some!  If only certain other members could post topics of similar calibre in relevant sections and in English, instead of in irrelevant sections and in Greek or Russian or what have you! :-X 

Admin

« Reply #23 on: 20 February, 2022, 10:35:38 AM »
Open quickbuttons

and04

• Personal Text
This topic seems to be going some!  If only certain other members could post topics of similar calibre in relevant sections and in English, instead of in irrelevant sections and in Greek or Russian or what have you! :-X

Admin
Agreed on both counts!!  At MsLeon, not too long ago I discovered this mmorpg on oculus.
Graphics aren't that great, but it has fighting, melee, spells, gathering, crafting, grouping for harder monsters, voice chat, etc.... If I was younger (or older?) and had lots of time, I would have explored it more.
« Last Edit: 20 February, 2022, 10:39:41 AM by and04 »

« Reply #24 on: 20 February, 2022, 11:14:50 AM »
Open quickbuttons

ATH019

• Global Moderation

Male
  • Personal Text

Admin
Agreed on both counts!!  At MsLeon, not too long ago I discovered this mmorpg on oculus.
Graphics aren't that great, but it has fighting, melee, spells, gathering, crafting, grouping for harder monsters, voice chat, etc.... If I was younger (or older?) and had lots of time, I would have explored it more.
Forums will always attract clowns - @ op, very interesting topic.  Star Atlas seems fairly good.

« Reply #25 on: 20 February, 2022, 12:23:36 PM »
Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male

Admin
Forums will always attract clowns - @ op, very interesting topic.  Star Atlas seems fairly good.
Just banned one such clown for 28 days.  Hopefully others can take a hint!

« Reply #26 on: 04 March, 2022, 02:01:20 AM »
Open quickbuttons

MsLeon

Female
  • Personal Text

Admin
Hmm - not a lot of knowhow on that one as I've barely looked at that store, but that is the one I was thinking of. It just did a release day trailer (which is later this month). The cooking looks fun. And you can order drinks at the bar.... eat your heart out MA, although I understand they expect a shipment soon... ,-)

« Reply #27 on: 21 March, 2022, 07:25:07 AM »
Open quickbuttons

and04

• Personal Text
Sure looks fairly neat, but hope you don't get giddy zooming around like that  ;D

« Reply #28 on: 04 April, 2022, 01:36:29 AM »
Open quickbuttons

LISTR-93

• "blag-it" Forum Standard Member

Male
  • Personal Text
It's like a cross between WoW, SL and one or two others with added VR, and also reminds me of one of my pancake making days, except the pan detached itself from the handle and the pancake ended up stuck on the ceiling.

« Reply #29 on: 21 April, 2022, 01:19:14 PM »
Open quickbuttons

MsLeon

Female
  • Personal Text
Sure looks fairly neat, but hope you don't get giddy zooming around like that  ;D
Yeh I wonder about that. Historically I've encountered sickness issues only 5 times. With the Rift DK2 I found if the camera lost you, you loose lateral movement tracking, and that was a little nauseating. On a racing sim in town, spinning out made me feel pretty ill (cause I wasn't actually spinning myself). At Zero Latency (VR place where you can walk about) there was a lift in the zombie game that didn't agree with me. After that I just closed my eyes when I went on it. Again, issue was going up in VR and not going up IRL. I think I had a slight nausea in Elite inside a spinning space station and the worst time was when I tried to make my own VR content, messed up movement/controls, thought I could handle the nausea, then got so sick I had to go and walk around outside for half and hour to feel better.

With the new headset I've not tried much that involves moving around large areas yet (just something called VARK which had a small area you could move about in - and even that did something weird with rotation - kinda made it fixed amount and instant) I've seen there are lots of different movement methods in other games. One I've been looking at videos of online seems to be a bit like how we used to be able to move in Entropia (click on the landscape) but instead of gradually moving there it just instantly teleports. I found that a little trying to watch others do on youtube... dunno how I'd find it in VR.