Author Topic: Is there any real difference between CSS based web pages and table based ones?  (Read 1970 times)

Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male
Yes I can see how that can happen, and so visitors might think they're not up to date...  I can only suggest to search for example pages/sites to see how they differ in terms of look and feel.

Admin

Open quickbuttons

ATH019

• Global Moderation

Male
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” member
Most Web 2.0 pages which accounts to about 70-75% of all web pages, and nearly all Web 3.0 pages tend to be full-width or near full-width pages, especially for cms/dbs driven sites.  Visitors will therefore almost certainly know for certain that they are CSSd and not table-based pages/sites.

Global Moderator

Open quickbuttons

cybernut

• "blag-it" Forum Higher Member

Male
  • Personal Text
Most Web 2.0 pages which accounts to about 70-75% of all web pages, and nearly all Web 3.0 pages tend to be full-width or near full-width pages, especially for cms/dbs driven sites.  Visitors will therefore almost certainly know for certain that they are CSSd and not table-based pages/sites.

Global Moderator
But what about websites that aren't full-width which is still a fair number.  Also many cssd pages are not database driven.  They look like table based pages to me imho.

Open quickbuttons

and04

• Personal Text

Global Moderator
But what about websites that aren't full-width which is still a fair number.  Also many cssd pages are not database driven.  They look like table based pages to me imho.
I totally agree with this!  There's little difference visually between non database driven sites or pages that aren't full-width but are still CSS'd and earlier table based pages.

Open quickbuttons

a.flynn

• Personal Text
Yes I can see how that can happen, and so visitors might think they're not up to date...  I can only suggest to search for example pages/sites to see how they differ in terms of look and feel.

Admin
You can always have social media icons on the page if you have social media accounts to make them look up to date.

Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male

Admin
You can always have social media icons on the page if you have social media accounts to make them look up to date.
Yes, this would certainly help.  Well pointed out!

Admin

Open quickbuttons

ATH019

• Global Moderation

Male
  • Personal Text

Admin
Yes, this is a good idea!

Global Moderator