Author Topic: New Forest Tree Chopping  (Read 1405 times)

New Forest Tree Chopping

« on: 14 October, 2022, 10:02:42 PM »
Open quickbuttons

Yobbocat

• "blag-it" Forum New Member
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” Forum member
So I was car camping a few days ago in the NF area and a whole field of trees had been chopped. The trunks that had been stripped of their bark were neatly stacked up ready to be transported to where ever. There were loads of cut trees that hadn't had the barked stripped, ie newly chopped down and not stacked for transportation. Silver birch, for example. Anybody else noticing this in the NF?

Re: New Forest Tree Chopping

« Reply #1 on: 15 October, 2022, 01:42:12 AM »
Open quickbuttons

Susan.W

Female
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” member
I'm not really near the New Forest area, but it seems strange that some of the trunks weren't stripped of their barks or stacked.
Susan.W the midget magician :)

« Reply #2 on: 15 October, 2022, 01:49:05 AM »
Open quickbuttons

ATH019

• Global Moderation

Male
  • Personal Text
Yes, very odd.  Wonder what the reason is?

Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: 30 October, 2022, 07:24:00 PM »
Open quickbuttons

Yobbocat

• Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” Forum member
I'm not really near the New Forest area, but it seems strange that some of the trunks weren't stripped of their barks or stacked.
There was a massive load of stripped stacked logs some feet away.
And I've just chopped down a dead tree in my back garden so now I feel like an A1 hypocrite  :'(

« Reply #4 on: 31 October, 2022, 11:11:02 AM »
Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male
Hi again!  Many thanks for contributing to the forum. :)

Admin

« Reply #5 on: 08 January, 2023, 11:41:36 AM »
Open quickbuttons

McGaskil

• "blag-it" Forum Higher Member

Male
  • Personal Text
So I was car camping a few days ago in the NF area and a whole field of trees had been chopped. The trunks that had been stripped of their bark were neatly stacked up ready to be transported to where ever. There were loads of cut trees that hadn't had the barked stripped, ie newly chopped down and not stacked for transportation. Silver birch, for example. Anybody else noticing this in the NF?
Yeah I've seen this before!  Last time was about a week ago, I often go to the New Forrest area as it's very therapeutic there,

« Reply #6 on: 09 January, 2023, 11:57:38 AM »
Open quickbuttons

ATH019

• Global Moderation

Male
  • Personal Text
Seems very strange.  Odd that someone would fell them but then not do anything else with them.

Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: 10 January, 2023, 09:04:41 AM »
Open quickbuttons

cybernut

• "blag-it" Forum Higher Member

Male
  • Personal Text
Have you been back there since and were those trees that hadn't had their barks removed still there?

« Reply #8 on: 16 April, 2023, 01:41:32 PM »
Open quickbuttons

ATH019

• Global Moderation

Male
  • Personal Text
Have you been back there since and were those trees that hadn't had their barks removed still there?
Good question, although the O.P seems to have given up on the topic some time ago.