Author Topic: Strange problem with flash games not running  (Read 897 times)

Strange problem with flash games not running

« on: 28 May, 2022, 12:31:50 PM »
Open quickbuttons

McGaskil

• "blag-it" Forum Higher Member

Male
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” member
Right, so there's this games site I use sometimes that's been around for yonks called classic games arcade, and it has a whole slew of swf/flash games that run without issue using the Opera browser, but if I paste any of the games html code (they allow you to do this) into an offline html document and then try and run it from there, I get the error message 'This plug-in isn't supported' and so the game won't load, whichever game from this site it is. So this is a bit odd.

Opera must be supporting Flash/swf as such, otherwise the games wouldn't run on the website, so why won't they run locally?

Re: Strange problem with flash games not running

« Reply #1 on: 29 May, 2022, 09:29:27 AM »
Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male
My guess is that Flash is enabled on their site but not on your system, hence that message you're getting if you try to play any of the games you've downloaded.

Admin

Re: Strange problem with flash games not running

« Reply #2 on: 04 June, 2022, 02:04:50 AM »
Open quickbuttons

cybernut

• "blag-it" Forum Higher Member

Male
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” member
... Opera must be supporting Flash/swf as such, otherwise the games wouldn't run on the website, so why won't they run locally?
Not on your local machine as you don't have flash enabled, but as suggested, games will still run on that website because they have it enabled.