Author Topic: What bus driver said about wearing face masks  (Read 612 times)

What bus driver said about wearing face masks

« on: 23 July, 2020, 09:50:01 AM »
Open quickbuttons

MsLeon

• "blag-it" Forum Standard Member

Female
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” member
Oh righty!  Other day I got onto a bus and asked the driver if I had to wear a face mask that I had just bought which was hard to breathe through, and he said it was up to me.  I then asked 'So it's not compulsory then' and he said 'Not as far as I know but it's your responsibility.'  Point is he wasn't forcing me to wear it.

Re: What bus driver said about wearing face masks

« Reply #1 on: 23 July, 2020, 09:59:35 AM »
Open quickbuttons

blag-it Admin

• Forum Admin

Male
Did you see others getting on the bus or already in the bus not wearing one?  Yes or no, the driver wasn't doing his job properly, but on the same page I find it amazing that mfrs are making masks difficult to breathe through, especially as it will be compulsory from 24/07/20!

Admin

« Reply #2 on: 05 August, 2020, 09:39:47 AM »
Open quickbuttons

MsLeon

Female
  • Personal Text
I remember one or two others in the queue not wearing them and passengers already on the bus weren't either, so doesn't seem like it's compulsory to me.  Since starting this thread I've been on many other buses for work and stuff, but again, many were not wearing them. :P

« Reply #3 on: 07 August, 2020, 09:43:25 AM »
Open quickbuttons

ATH019

• Global Moderation

Male
  • Personal Text
No wonder there's on-going confusion about this.  As Admin said, the driver or drivers still weren't doing their job properly, but on same page if they allowed you to no wear one, then you didn't do anything wrong either. ::)

Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: 08 August, 2020, 09:16:21 AM »
Open quickbuttons

MsLeon

Female
  • Personal Text
No wonder there's on-going confusion about this.  As Admin said, the driver or drivers still weren't doing their job properly, but on same page if they allowed you to no wear one, then you didn't do anything wrong either. ::)

Global Moderator
Agreed on all three points! :-*   Thing is I hate wearing them anywayz - I've bought three of them in last month but the elastic keeps breaking and can't afford to keep replacing them LOL.  But what really gets me is that technically you can be fined for not wearing one according to the news. :-X

« Reply #5 on: 09 August, 2020, 09:41:06 AM »
Open quickbuttons

a.flynn

• Personal Text

Global Moderator
... But what really gets me is that technically you can be fined for not wearing one according to the news. :-X

Yer just what I thought - bit double standards imho!  Govenment needs to sort this out. :-X  :-X

« Reply #6 on: 15 August, 2020, 09:33:39 AM »
Open quickbuttons

McGaskil

Male
  • Personal Text
Whole thing's a mess.  Hard to tell what we're supposed to do.  MPs and such maybe top of the pops academically, but they haven't got a brain! :-X

« Reply #7 on: 18 September, 2020, 09:36:20 AM »
Open quickbuttons

cybernut

Male
  • Personal Text

Global Moderator
Then bus driver's still aren't.  I see people on them not wearing masks all the time, even now with this 'rule of some-dodgy-number'.  :-X

« Reply #8 on: 19 September, 2020, 09:42:28 AM »
Open quickbuttons

and04

• "blag-it" Forum New Member
  • Personal Text

Global Moderator
... even now with this 'rule of some-dodgy-number'.  :-X
LOL, I know what you mean.  What really gets me though, is that the govmnt doesn't realize that sociopolitical overtones like this stick out like a sore thumb. ::)

« Reply #9 on: 24 September, 2020, 08:41:21 AM »
Open quickbuttons

MsLeon

Female
  • Personal Text

Global Moderator
Then bus driver's still aren't.  I see people on them not wearing masks all the time, even now with this 'rule of some-dodgy-number'.  :-X
Yea!  Why rule of 6 and not 5? ???