Author Topic: Finding it impossible to open a business bank account  (Read 126 times)

Finding it impossible to open a business bank account

« on: 01 October, 2020, 09:14:44 AM »
Open quickbuttons

and04

• "blag-it" Forum New Member
  • Personal Text
    Certified “blag-it” member
Hope someone can help here...  Basically I'm finding it impossible to open a business banks account, simply because banks are not offering appointments due to coronavirus related issues, not just branches near to where I live, but also across the board.  I've tried Barclays, NatWest, Lloyds, Santander, TSB, RBS - the lot!  I've even complained to the FCA via formal letter, but all I got was 'banks are not obliged to offer you their services.'  At the same time I can't use Nationwide with whom I have a personal account, because they don't offer business current accounts and won't allow me to use the personal one for business transactions! 

I just don't know, any ideas?

Re: Finding it impossible to open a business bank account

« Reply #1 on: 03 October, 2020, 09:42:21 AM »
Open quickbuttons

MsLeon

• "blag-it" Forum Standard Member

Female
  • Personal Text
Snap!  I also have account with them and have had similar ruddy problem since about beginning of July!  Why don't they offer current business accounts??  Grrrrr!  Can understand your frustration.

« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2020, 09:34:25 AM »
Open quickbuttons

a.flynn

• "blag-it" Forum Standard Member
  • Personal Text
Hope someone can help here...  Basically I'm finding it impossible to open a business banks account, simply because banks are not offering appointments due to coronavirus related issues, not just branches near to where I live, but also across the board.  I've tried Barclays, NatWest, Lloyds, Santander, TSB, RBS - the lot!  I've even complained to the FCA via formal letter, but all I got was 'banks are not obliged to offer you their services.'  At the same time I can't use Nationwide with whom I have a personal account, because they don't offer business current accounts and won't allow me to use the personal one for business transactions! 

I'm with one of the banks mentioned, Santander which as far as I'm aware are allowing existing customers only to apply for business accounts - same may apply to others you mention.  Point being, why not open a personal account with one of them and then apply for a business one a month or so later?  Just an idea.

« Reply #3 on: 06 October, 2020, 09:24:24 AM »
Open quickbuttons

and04

• "blag-it" Forum New Member
  • Personal Text

I'm with one of the banks mentioned, Santander which as far as I'm aware are allowing existing customers only to apply for business accounts - same may apply to others you mention.  Point being, why not open a personal account with one of them and then apply for a business one a month or so later?  Just an idea.
Thank you.  I've thought of this, but problem is the time factor.  I also don't have certain forms of photo ID.  I don't drive, didn't renew my passport (once you've seen a few countries you've seen them all...), and can't get an EU citizens card thingy because we're no longer in it!

« Reply #4 on: 08 October, 2020, 09:47:06 AM »
Open quickbuttons

ATH019

• Global Moderation

Male
  • Personal Text
A fair number are experiencing this, which according to some, is due to overstretched bank staff dealing with covid related issues, such as issuing of bounce back loans.

Global Moderator